1. We know what we're doing; over 25 years of experience working with both pet owners and law enforcement. Steve is a certified member of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC).
2. We don't do group classes. All lessons are private, one-on-one, custom designed,
and personalized for you and your dog.
3. Our methods are dog and owner friendly. We are advocates of positive reinforcement training. We treat you and your dog with respect.
4. We provide suppport both during and after your program. Once a client, always a client.
5. We're easy to get to: 10 minutes off I-75.
6. We have an oustanding, comforatable facility and grounds. A modern, heated and air-conditioned training center on 20 acres.
7. Our fees are very reasonable. Training is an important part of pet ownership and should be affordable.
8. We are commited, and want your business. Dog training is our passion and our life.
There is no time limit on sessions. Classes at other facilities start and stop on a fixed schedule. Your lessons at Common Scents continue until they are completed. We do not book clients back-to-back without a buffer in between. We want you to walk out every day feeling fulfilled. Yes, private lessons are a bit more money than a class, but it is an investment in your dog’s future, and one you will find totally worthwhile.
Questions? Please feel free to email, text, or call us. We welcome your inquiries. We will try to answer any and all questions with honesty and candor. This is how we operate.
Thank you for considering Common Scents Canine Center for help with your needs!
EIGHT GOOD REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD TRAIN YOUR DOG AT COMMON SCENTS
At Common Scents, one-on-one private training helps to provide a safe environment. In addition, we ask all of our clients during these trying times to "mask up" as will we. We want your experience at our facility to be as enjoyable and worry-free as possible!
We support law enforcement and the military
Dog Training and Behavior Counseling
There are people who love dogs (most of us!) and people who make dogs their life's work (a few of us!). These two descriptions, taken together, accurately portray what we at Common Scents K9 are all about. As people, we care deeply for the well-being of every dog under our care and tutelage. As dog owners, we relish the enjoyment that comes from having a well-trained and loving canine companion with which to share our lives. As professionals, we are deeply involved with all aspects of dog training, behavior counseling, and dog-owner interaction.
Common Scents offers you and your dog an atmosphere that incorporates top notch training in a relaxed, natural setting. We are located in a scenic rural area 10 minutes off of I-75 in Grant County. Our facility includes a 1600sq. ft. climate controlled building that is heated, air conditioned and brightly lit. The floor is completely matted for your dog's comfort. We also have 8 acres of meticulously mowed fields for outdoor training, playtime, or just going for a walk. There are jumps both indoors and on the grounds for those interested in competition training.
Prior to moving to Northern Kentucky in 2016, Common Scents had a large dog training operation in the state of Michigan. Below is an episode from a TV series, "All About Animals," hosted by a very prominent veterinarian in the area. In it, Steve discusses various topics pertaining to dog behavior and socialization.
Congratulations to our recent graduates!
Lesley & Ace
Heather & Gypsy
Jessie, Todd & Mason
Carrington & Ryder
Brad & Hoss
Judy & Hershall
Rick & Reznik
Richard, Jester & Iceman
Pete & Kai
Brad & Hoss
Rebecca & Lincoln
Northern Kentucky and the
greater Cincinnati metro - area